The new Gates Scholarship is now available!
Application deadline: SEPTEMBER 15, 2017!
High school seniors graduating in 2018: REJOICE! 🎉🎉🎉 🙌🏽 🙌🏽 🙌🏽
While the 2017 graduating class drew the short straw (1 year too late for the Gates Millennium Scholars Program and 1 year too early for the Gates Scholarship), the 2018 class is right on time to be a part of the inaugural Gates Scholarship Cohort!
The details for the Gates Scholarship are as follows:
- What is it?
- Full Scholarship for high school seniors
- Will cover up to 5 years for a bachelor’s degree
- 300 awards given per year
- What’s the eligibility criteria? Must meet all of the following
- High School seniors
- Minorities (African American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American). *Proof of tribal enrollment will be required.
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- A minimum 3.3 GPA (cumulative weighted GPA on a 4.0 scale)
- Must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
- When is the application deadline?
- September 15, 2017
- What is the process?
- July 15, 2017 – application opens
- September 15, 2017 – application deadline
- November 2017 – semi-finalists notified
- November 2017 – Phase 2 application opens (only for semi-finalists)
- January 2017 – Phase 2 application deadline (only for semi-finalists)
- March 2018 – Finalists announced
- March 2018 – Finalists interviewed (in-person or online depending on applicant location)
- April 2018 – Scholarship winners announced!
- What do you need to apply? Note: all these documents will be requested at different points in the process. Not all are needed for Phase 1
- Create a myTGS profile
- Copy of your transcript
- Student Aid Report (SAR), once the FAFSA has been completed
- Letter of admission to a four-year bachelor’s degree program at a not-for-profit, private or public university
- Financial Aid Award Letter from the university
- Enrollment Verification from the university
We’ll update this with more information as they become available!
As always: We will provide FREE help while you’re applying to the Gates Scholarship! 🙂
~Ngoc Nhi Le